Independent Study Abroad

It is possible at any time for students to complete an independently organised study abroad programme as a so-called »freemover«. Many universities with which there are no partnerships also offer the opportunity to do so.

However, interested students must manage the respective application process on their own and pay any tuition fees that may be incurred. Nevertheless, it is advisable to make arrangements with the International Office (Architecture).

Recognition of Credits

The awarding of credits at the Department of Architecture consists of the individual recognition (opens in new tab) of the work done abroad as well as the presentation of the experiences abroad in a short lecture at the “International Evening”. In addition, exchange students undertake to write an experience report after completing their stay abroad, in which they describe their personal experiences abroad with regard to the country, the city and the partner university.