Exchange students at our faculty are fully integrated into offered programmes and are presented with the same study opportunities as our local students. They may choose from all available courses from both Bachelor and Master programmes. Exempt from these are the Bachelor and Master Thesis, which can only be accomplished by the regular students of the TU Darmstadt.
The (opens in new tab) offers basic information on the Bachelor and Master of Science Architecture for exchange students at the TU Darmstadt.For more information about the application procedure, please visit the FlyerOffice for International Relations of TU Darmsatdt
The application process is described on the following as well as on this website under »Your Application« (opens in new tab). »Information Sheet«
Course Selection Procedure
After admission to the programme:
1. Before beginning your studies in Darmstadt, you must fill in and sign the (opens in new tab). Learning Agreement
Helpful information can be found in this (opens in new tab) . Flyer
The courses offered in the current semester are published in the »Semesterbooklet« as . download on the department's website
2. The »Welcome Event« takes place two weeks before the . International students receive information about the department, the courses, a guided tour of the building and further support for their start in Darmstadt. International students receive an invitation to this event in September or March (depending on the semester) from the International Office (Architecture) by e-mail. start of the semester
This email also contains information about the . International students can take part in this programme in order to make contacts in Darmstadt and at the department. Buddy Programme
3. The orientation week (»O-Woche«) takes place at the beginning of the semester. Participation in this is compulsory for all students. The choice of seminars and drafts is only possible during this week. The International Office (Architecture) offers a help desk during this time and is available to answer questions. All information about the dates of the semester can be found on the department's website.
4. Registration for courses in Tucan is done by international students via the International Office (Architecture) and the Office for Student Affairs.
The Learning Agreement is specified and signed after the course selection.
5. At the beginning of the course, participation in the first meetings is compulsory.
Recognition of Credits
In order to receive the Transcript of Records, it is essential to complete the (opens in new tab) before departure. Transcript Delivery Form